Miyerkules, Agosto 17, 2011

A Chance for the Rise of the Philippines?


Is there a chance for our country to rise someday? This query has always mingled in my mind as a student and as a Filipino. Why do I ask myself this question? Being a proud Filipino could be a good answer. However another question comes to me and it is, Is being a Filipino really something to be proud of? I am truly eager to find out.

Filipinos were so passionate that we did our best to free ourselves from the tyranny of the Spanish government and even the Japanese invasion. We faced endless battles just to achieve the freedom we are fighting for. Somehow, all these hardships gave a very free and democratic place to live in. We are now living in a country where anyone can express himself freely which gave us a very simple yet happy life. On the bad side, this freedom was abused. You can see mountains of garbage piled up in obviously improper places.



 You can see people smoking anywhere they wanted to. You can smell the stink of men's urine in public walls. You cannot pass through streets well because of overcrowded markets. A lot of people don't think what they are doing which is best proven by a couple of students and police men proudly posing for a shot with the hostage site in Quirino Grandstand as their background.




 You can spot people crossing the street under a footbridge that was made for our own safety.
 People always put the officials of the government into blame on why we are still considered a third world country. They just blame and do nothing. Sadly, you can see everywhere things that can put shame to our country today. And then, people dare to ask if there is a chance for our rise.


I am just sixteen years old. Yet I say that I am a youth of dignity in terms of our country's pride. I put it in a habit not to litter anywhere. I even bring my trash to home just to avoid throwing it away carelessly. I always try to use footbridges or underpasses when crossing streets. I always practice falling in line properly. I never and will not ever be urinating in public walls. I conserve water and energy. I respect elders. I do and say all of these to not lift my own chair nor impress others but to set an example. I wish that everyone can find their own ways in making this country a world heritage.

In relation to my two questions, I have assessed that if every Filipino in this nation tries to do his/her best for the country, there is a chance for our rise. In addition, Yes, being a Filipino is something to be really proud of as proved by our passionate fellowmen. All we need to learn is the sense of discipline that cannot be destroyed, and our willingness for a change. If we do have this, there is a hope that a change will happen to this land of Filipinos. haha

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento